The PADI Drift Diver Specialty Course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization) and be at least 12 years old
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment -- floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
Price: $130 (includes Materials)
Number Of Dives: 2